This foolproof recipe for making boneless chicken breast in the air fryer will give you perfectly juicy chicken every time.
Recipe from skinnytaste.com
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Total: 15 m
- Servings: 4
- salt kosher
- 4 chicken breasts boneless (about 6 oz each)
- olive oil spray
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- Pound the thicker end of the chicken to make both sides leveled out so they cook evenly.
- Fill a large bowl with 6 cups of lukewarm water and add 1/4 cup kosher salt, stir to dissolve.
- Add the chicken breasts to the water and let them sit, refrigerated at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours to brine. Remove from water, pat dry with paper towels and discard the water.
- In a small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, with the remaining spices. Spritz the chicken with oil and rub all over, then rub the spice mix over the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer. Add the chicken to the air fryer basket and cook in batches 380F turning halfway, until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat an oven safe or cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is very hot.
- Place the chicken on the hot skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 165F inserted in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes.