Blue cheese adds a delicious kick to roasted asparagus and velvety poached eggs. Make this for breakfast or brunch or even dinner. Or skip the eggs and make it a steak-ready side. Either way, this dish is elegant, satisfying, and loaded with healthy fat macros for a perfect keto meal.
Recipe from Keto Mojo
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallot minced
- 1/2 tsp sage dried
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola (2 oz crumbed)
- 1/4 cup pork panko
- Line 2 plates with paper towels.
- Fill a large, deep skillet two-thirds of the way with water. Bring it to a boil over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to one of the prepared plates, reserving the water in the skillet. Pat the asparagus dry.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium so the water is barely simmering. Break 1 egg into a small bowl or teacup. Gently slide the egg into the water by tipping the bowl right on the water’s surface. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the eggs to paper towels to drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the shallot and sauté until tender, 2 minutes.
- Add the sage, heavy cream, and gorgonzola, and cook, stirring until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce onto a rimmed platter or divide it among 4 dinner plates. Top with the asparagus, poached eggs, and the pork panko. Serve.