Practically carb-free, this keto bacon and brie frittata is a fabulous breakfast, brunch, or dinner recipe. So easy to make, and it comes together in 25 minutes, start to finish.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 6
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 oz brie sliced thin (easiest to do when its cold)
- Cook the chopped bacon in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Leave at least 2 tbsp of bacon grease in the skillet (if you are using cast iron, you may want to leave more) and remove from heat. Let the skillet cool before proceeding.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, garlic, salt and pepper and about two thirds of the cooked bacon. Set the skillet over medium low heat and swirl remaining bacon grease to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour the egg mixture into skillet and cook undisturbed until edges are set up center is still somewhat loose, 7 to 10. Layer the sliced brie overtop. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon.
- Preheat the broiler to high and set an oven rack on the second highest setting in the oven. Broil until puffed and golden brown,2 to 5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove and let cool a few minutes before serving.