I chose to make this recipe with bacon, but you could also use sausages, ham, or any other type of breakfast meat (although depending on what you pick, you may need to add some extra cooking fat).
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 eggs
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 slices bacon (or more)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2-3 tbsp chives fresh, minced (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat until still tender (about 3 minutes per side).
- Add the garlic and leek to the same skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. If there’s a lot of excess bacon fat, you can pour some of it off.
- Add the asparagus and cook until soft and tender (about 6 minutes).
- Add the eggs to the skillet. Season everything to taste and place in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chives to serve.