Sometimes I miss seeing a stack of pancakes on the brunch table, but now I don’t have to. These grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free pancakes are the perfect guilt-free treat for breakfast and brunch. They’re easy to make, and the whole family will love them.
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 3
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil - for greasing the skillet
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 pint blueberries - fresh
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and arrowroot. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, while continuously whisking. Once combined, gently fold in the walnuts.
- Grease a large skillet and place over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, use a ladle to pour 3-inch pancakes onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles appear, then flip. The pancake should cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat with rest of the batter. Add a tablespoon or more of coconut oil to the hot griddle, as needed.
- Make a blueberry sauce by simmering the blueberries in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, place 3 pancakes on a plate and top each stack with the blueberry sauce