The idea of a burrito is perfect for breakfast. It’s fast, versatile, and easy to eat with your hands. What could be better?
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Servings: 4
- 5 eggs
- 4 slices ham - thin
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- cooking fat
- Heat some cooking fat in the skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions, peppers, and chili flakes until the onions are softened (about 6 minutes). Then add the tomato and cook for two minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and pour them over the vegetable mixture.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs until cooked through.
- Roll the ham slices with some egg in the middle and place the rolls back into the skillet.
- Grill each roll for a few seconds on each side, or until the ham is slightly brown.
- Serve the burritos with fresh salsa or guacamole.