Looking for a pizza option that doesn’t use almond or coconut flour? Try this buffalo chicken crust pizza. The crust is made from ground chicken thighs! It’s topped with a creamy buffalo sauce, cheeses, and celery. It’s very filling and you’ll love how simple this is to create.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 35 m
- Total: 50 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 lb chicken thighs - boneless and skinless
- 1 cup mozzarella (whole milk) shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 stalk green onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grind up the chicken thighs using the blade attachment on a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup of shredded mozzarella, egg, oregano, pepper, and salt to the mixing bowl.
- Mix the chicken crust together until all of the shredded cheese is tucked inside the, "dough."
- Lay a piece of parchment paper across the top of a pizza pan. You could also use a large baking sheet. Spread the chicken out with the back of a spoon until it's about ¼ of an inch thick and in the shape that you'd like. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the crust is cooked through and starting to brown on top.
- While the crust is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet. Finely dice the celery and cook until it wilts and starts to brown.
- In a small bowl mix the sour cream and two tablespoons of hot sauce
- Once the crust is finished, remove it from the oven.
- Spread the sauce mixture over the base of the crust, then layer with the cooked celery, remaining ½ cup of mozzarella, and the blue cheese crumbles.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starts to brown. I like to switch the oven to broil for the last few minutes, but you have to watch it very carefully! Drizzle Franks Red Hot sauce across the top, and garnish with green onion slices.