Get all the rich, creamy goodness of risotto without the heavy-carb guilt with this light and elegant dish. Lightning fast to make and a dream to eat, the quick-cooking cauliflower “rice” – laden with savory Parmesan and chicken stock – and delicate scallops play perfectly with the lightly citrusy tuft of frisée.
Recipe from Keto Mojo
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 2
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallot chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup cauliflower riced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 scallops - large (1/4 lb total, about 1 inch thick each)
- 3 cups frisée lettuce loosely packed
- 1 lemon quartered
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Turn the heat down, add the shallot, and cook, stirring frequently to avoid browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, turn the heat to medium, and simmer to soften the shallot and reduce the liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and butter. Set the risotto aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat and sauté the scallops until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To serve, divide the risotto between 2 dinner plates, top with a tangle of frisée squeeze 1/4 lemon over each, top with 3 scallops, and serve with a lemon wedge.