Cauliflower steaks cooked on the grill and smothered in cheese, bacon, and basil. So easy and delicious!
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 3
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 slices Jarlsberg Cheese (pre-sliced or slice it yourself)
- 3 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp basil chopped, fresh
- Preheat a grill to medium and brush the grate with oil.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut the stem so that the head will sit flat on a cutting board. Do not cut too much of the stem as it is what holds the steaks together.
- Set the head stem-side down on a cutting board and slice off about 1/3 off each side. Reserve for another use (see notes). Then slice the center third of the cauliflower into 3 even slices, each about 1 inch thick.
- Lay the cauliflower steaks flat and brush both sides with oil, then sprinkle each side with the garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks until lightly charred on both sides and become tender, about 5 minutes per side. Use a spatula to help flip the steaks so they don't come apart too much.
- Top with the cheese, breaking the slices to fit and cover the steaks completely. Turn off the grill and close the lid, letting the steaks remain inside another 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove to a platter and sprinkle with bacon, if using, and chopped basil. Serve immediately.