This chicken & cauliflower fried rice recipe from truLOCAL is a lighter take on a classic fried rice and a great way to add more veggies to your diet in a fun and flavourful way. Cauliflower rice can easily be made at home with a food processor, and many grocery stores now carry it pre-made in the produce or frozen section.
From our friends at
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ginger root grated
- 3 spring onions diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 3 cups green peas fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame oil optional
- 2 eggs whisked
- spring onions
- sesame seeds
- hot sauce
- Cut cauliflower into chunks and add to a food processor to make cauliflower rice.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add coconut oil and add diced chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add whisked eggs and scramble gently. You want to leave them a little soft and runny as they will be heated again later. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add spring onions and carrots and sautée for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes for help soften the cauliflower. Add chicken and peas to the pan, and stir through to combine.
- As the cauliflower mixture cooks, combine soy sauce and sesame oil in a small dish and whisk together. Pour into the pan and stir to ensure it is well incorporated with the cauliflower rice.
- Stir the scrambled eggs back into the mixture, and season to taste as needed.
- Garnish with extra spring onions, sesame seeds and hot sauce to serve. Enjoy!