If you’re looking for something a little bit different to do with ground beef, check this out as an interesting change from meatloaf or scrambles. It’s not quite a chili, but it’s got the same heartiness and comfort value: a rich base of tomatoes and homemade bone broth, the earthy sweetness of root vegetables, and the garlic and chili pepper perking it up with a hint of spice.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 30 m
- Cook: 45 m
- Total: 1 h 15 m
- Servings: 4
- 2 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes canned or three large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cup beef broth
- 3 bell peppers seeded and diced
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Brown the meat with the onion, garlic, and celery in a large saucepan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan, season to taste, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.