Ground macadamia nuts and shredded coconut give this dish a crunchy and buttery texture.
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 45 m
- Total: 55 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 cup macadamia nuts raw, finely ground in a food processor
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 4 chicken thighs skin on, bone in
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp avocado mayonnaise
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix the macadamia nuts and coconut. Place chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread each chicken thigh with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise.
- Spread macadamia coconut mixture on each chicken thigh, dividing evenly. Bake chicken for 40-45 minutes on center rack so not to burn the macadamia nuts. Serve with fresh lime zest and juice. Top with optional cilantro.