This dish is amazing as a main, with a simple salad as a side, but it also works just as well as a finger food, or appetizer.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 8 m
- Cook: 12 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 2
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or less)
- 2 eggs
- coconut milk full-fat
- 1 cup shredded coconut (more or less)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Using a heavy object, like a rolling pin, hammer the chicken breasts so that they flatten to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into long strips that are about 3/4″ to 1″ in width.
- You will need three bowls; one for the coconut flour, one for the coconut milk and egg mixture (just beat the eggs and milk together) and one for the shredded coconut.
- Coat each chicken strip in the coconut flour, then dunk in the egg and coconut milk mixture and finally coat in the shredded coconut. When finished, place the chicken strips on a large baking sheet, leaving some space between each strip and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken has completely cooked through.
- Serve with some paleo ketchup or a homemade plum or chilli sauce and enjoy!