Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 35 m
- Total: 45 m
- Servings: 4
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts bone-in
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small carrot diced
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 apple chopped
- 13 oz coconut milk canned
- 1 1/2 cups peas frozen
- cilantro fresh, chopped, for garnish
- In a large sauté pan heat the sesame oil on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and stir for 10 seconds until they start to pop; be careful not to burn them. Immediately add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until they begin to sweat.
- Add curry and cayenne and stir to coat onions.
- Add the chicken, sprinkle with ½ tsp. of the salt, and sear on all sides.
- Add the carrots, cauliflower, and green pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the apple, coconut milk, and remaining salt and simmer on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peas and simmer 2 to 3 more minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.