Cream of Broccoli Soup is a favorite of mine, this slimmed down version is so good, and it’s quick and easy to prepare.
Recipe from skinnytaste.com
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 1/4 cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stock, chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup milk (2%)
- 3 tbsp sour cream (plus more for garnish - optional)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese sharp, shredded
- In a medium sized stock pot, bring chicken broth, onions, carrots, garlic, and celery to a boil. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, milk and pepper and cook, covered, 10 more minutes.
- Add sour cream and puree soup with an immersion blender.
- Adjust black pepper to taste and heat through over medium heat, stir in the cheddar cheese and serve.