I’m not ashamed to admit that some of my best recipes were not even intentional. On more than one occasion, I just threw everything into one pan and hoped for the best. This creamy cauliflower skillet dump dinner is exactly that, but you would never guess how simple it is because it’s absolutely amazing and is absolutely packed with nutritious ingredients.
Recipe from Paleo Grubs
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 30 m
- Total: 45 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cup spinach fresh, chopped
For the Sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk or other plant-based "milk"
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Add the chicken, cauliflower, bell pepper, garlic and spinach to a large resealable freezer bag.
- Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the sauce, in a large measuring cup combine all the ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add the pre-cut ingredients to a large skillet.
- Add the sauce and toss to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is just thickened.
- If necessary, add a little water or chicken stock during cooking.
- Taste and add more salt or black pepper if necessary.