This delicious salad is hardy and satisfying, thanks to the combination of complete protein from the grilled chicken and high-fiber, nutrient-dense kale. Roasted fennel and leeks add an extra pop of flavor, as well as extra vitamin C and magnesium. Topped with a creamy, dairy-free dressing made from almond yogurt and mustard, this recipe makes an easy and healthy weeknight meal for the whole family
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 50 m
- Total: 1 h
- Servings: 4
- 2 medium leeks thinly sliced
- 2 medium fennel bulbs cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- dash pepper
- 5 cups kale chopped
- 1 lb chicken cutlets skinless
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1/4 cup almond yogurt unsweetened
- 1 tbsp mustard whole grain
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- On a baking sheet, place prepared fennel and leeks.
- Toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons avocado oil, Himalayan salt, and dash of black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, massage kale with 1 tablespoon avocado oil, dash of salt and pepper, and set the kale aside.
- Bake fennel and leeks for 40 minutes and add kale to the baking sheet for the last 10-12 minutes of baking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large pan, over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until lightly cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix almond yogurt, chicken broth, and mustard and pour on top of chicken.
- Add the roasted vegetables to pan and continue to heat for 3 minutes, then enjoy!