This keto-friendly, low-carb, Southwestern taco soup is full of ground beef, cream cheese, heavy cream, and spices. Freezing is not recommended.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 8 oz cream cheese softened or plant-based "cheese"
- 2 cans beef broth (14.5 oz)
- 2 can diced tomatoes and green chiles (10 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- 2 tsp salt
- Combine ground beef with onion and garlic in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add cumin and chili powder; cook 2 minutes more.
- Drop cream cheese into the pot by bits and mash it into the beef with a big spoon until no white spots remain, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, heavy cream, and salt. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes more.