This creamy pumpkin sauce is warmed up and sweetened with a little added vanilla. Try it over zoodles for a wonderful holiday side dish.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 4
- 3 tbsp avocado oil divided
- 2 tbsp onion finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until it becomes translucent, 2 to 4 minutes. Add dried sage, salt, and pepper and cook 30 seconds more.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, vanilla and grated parmesan until well combined and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in whipping cream until well combined. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- In a large saute pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat until just hot. Stir in spiralized zucchini and cook, tossing frequently, until just tender.
- Divide zucchini noodles among for plates. Top with pumpkin sauce and shredded parmesan.