For me, comfort food isn’t always about pizza and ice cream. Sometimes it’s familiar recipes that I associate with happy memories with family and this creamy tuscan chicken is exactly that.
Recipe from Paleo Grubs
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 40 m
- Servings: 4
- 2 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2/3 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups spinach roughly chopped
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- In a large measuring cup combine the chicken stock, milk, arrowroot flour, mustard and nutritional yeast.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently or until thicken.
- Add the spinach and chopped dried tomato and simmer until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are softened.
- Serve warm.