A meal that can be prepped ahead and served hot or cold? Check! Check out this recipe from our friends at truLOCAL! These crispy beef bowls are packed with protein and veggies – and you can swap in cauliflower rice for a low-carb option.
Don’t forget to use our exclusive promotion code TFM25 to get $25 off your first regular sized box of locally-sourced meat & fish! Stock up your freezer, and get your favourite local products delivered to your door.
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger root grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup long-grain white rice dry
- 2 carrots shredded or cut into ribbons
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut in to wedges
- fresh mint to serve
- sesame seeds to serve
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine rice with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook until all of the water has been absorbed and the rice can be fluffed with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- In a cast-iron or heavy-bottom skillet, warm sesame oil to medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, soy sauce and honey, and stir to combine. Continue to cook the beef until dark brown and crispy.
- Once the beef is cooked, assemble the bowls; divide the rice, vegetables and beef evenly across the bowls.
- Top with sesame seeds, fresh mint or coriander, and lime wedges to serve.