Between the pesto overflowing with basil and olive oil, the juicy ripe tomatoes, and the richer flavor of the mushrooms, this is an appetizer to go with any Italian-inspired food you can dream up.
Recipe from Paleo Leap
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 4
- 12 large cremini mushrooms stems removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1/2 tomato seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Brush the mushrooms on both sides with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium heat and cook the mushrooms 5 minutes on each side, or until just tender.
- Fill each mushroom with about a teaspoon of pesto sauce.
- Top with the diced tomato.
- Serve immediately!