Quick reminder: When you’re following a keto diet, carbs are bad, fat is good. So you might think that a bagel, the carbiest of carbs, could never be made keto. Well you thought wrong! This bagel is tasty, easy to make and keto.
Recipe from Delish
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 8
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 cups mozzarella shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 large eggs 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour with the baking powder. In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until the cheese is melted and combined, about 2 minutes total.
- Scrape the cheese mixture into the bowl with the almond flour mixture and add the two eggs. Mix until well combined. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Press your finger into the center of each ball and stretch to form a bagel shape. Arrange bagels on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush the top of each bagel with beaten egg and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.