Recipe from Tasty
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 2 tbsp fajita spice mix
- 3 tbsp salsa
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice into the chicken several times, about ¼ inch (½ cm) apart, but only cut about 85% of the way through, leaving the bottom intact.
- Cook the onions and peppers over a medium heat until softened, then stir in the fajita mix.
- Stir in the salsa and sprinkle the cheese over.
- Mix together until the cheese has melted.
- Allow to cool to the touch, and then fill each segment of the chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon of the mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-22 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.