The fall season is here and so are the cravings for warm, comforting foods. This time of year is perfect for hearty soups and easy, filling weeknight meals.
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 40 m
- Total: 55 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 lb golden beets peeled and quartered
- 1 lb white turnip peeled and quartered
- 1 lb red onion sliced
- 1 lb carrots peeled and sliced
- 5 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped (optional)
- Peel and slice all vegetables as directed. Rinse, dry, and set aside.
- Combine all spices with the olive oil. Toss all the vegetables in the spice mixture and spread over a full sheet pan, careful not to layer.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes on 350°F, until beets are tender and onions are perfectly browned.