This easy green bean salad makes a delicious keto summer side dish. Crisp blanched green beans with bacon, cherry tomatoes, and feta. Did I mention bacon?
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 7 m
- Total: 22 m
- Servings: 6
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 lb green beans trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled or cotija cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Fill a medium saucepan with water and set over medium high heat. Add a little salt and bring to a full boil.
- Add the green beans to the saucepan and cook until tender crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans to the ice water to halt the cooking process.
- Drain the beans and transfer to a tea towel to pat dry, then transfer to a salad bowl. Add the tomatoes, bacon, and feta.
- Add all of the ingredients to a jar with a sealable lid. Shake well to combine.
- Pour over the salad before serving or pass at the table to allow everyone to dress their own.