Filled with healthy fats and fresh ingredients, this dish will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished and ready to embrace your weekend warrior.
Recipe from Dr. Hyman
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large cucumbers seedless, thinly sliced
- 4 salmon fillets boneless, skin-on
- 5 1/2 oz baby arugula
- 1 Belgian endive thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill fresh, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- Combine the vinegar, caraway seeds, mustard seeds, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper in a large bowl. Add the cucumbers and stir to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the salmon.
- Heat a well-seasoned stovetop grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the flesh side of the salmon fillets with 1⁄4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Place the fillets, skin-side up, in the pan and cook until the flesh releases easily from the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the salmon is just opaque throughout, about 4 more minutes.
- While the salmon cooks, toss the arugula, endive, dill and oil with the cucumber mixture.
- Divide the salad among four plates. Top each with a salmon fillet and garnish with the lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. Serve immediately.