Ready in less than 30 minutes, this simple recipe from truLOCAL is perfect for a weeknight summer BBQ.
From our friends at
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 25 m
- Servings: 2
- 4 Italian sausage
- 1 eggplant
- 2 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed chillies optional
- black pepper
- Prepare the vegetables. Slice the eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into ½ inch thick slices and slice the peppers lengthwise into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning or oregano, crushed chillies, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add sliced vegetables to the bowl with the olive oil mixture and toss until everything is well coated. If needed, add a touch more olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning to ensure all of the vegetables are well coated.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat, add vegetables to one side of the grill and cook, turning once, until tender; 8-10 minutes for the bell peppers, 5-7 minutes for the zucchini and eggplant.
- On the other side of the grill, add sausages and cook for 8-12 minutes until cooked through with an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Once cooked, remove the vegetables from the grill and slice them into bite-size pieces, and serve warm with sausages.