A great alternative to pasta!
Recipe from allrecipes.com
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 5 m
- Total: 15 m
- Servings: 5
- 2 cups basil thinly sliced fresh
- 9 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup almonds toasted, sliced, divided
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 zucchini
- Blend basil, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup almonds, vinegar, shallot, garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes in a blender until lemon basil dressing is smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute shrimp until cooked through and pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and mix shrimp with 2 tablespoons dressing in a bowl.
- Run zucchini through a spiralizer to create spaghetti-size noodle shapes. Add to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until zucchini noodles are tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons lemon basil dressing and toss to coat. Remove skillet from heat.
- Arrange shrimp on top of zucchini noodles; season with salt and black pepper. Top with remaining almonds.