Pan seared chicken breast stuffed with Italian sub fillings and topped with melted mozzarella.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 40 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices mortadella
- 8 slices salami thinly sliced
- 8 slices capicolla thinly sliced
- 2 oz red peppers sliced, roasted
- 2 oz pepperoncini
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 oz mozzarella shredded
- 2 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut a deep slit sideways into each chicken breast but don't cut fully in half. Lay each breast open like a book and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Top each opened chicken breast with a slice of provolone, a slice of mortadella, two slices of salami, and 2 slices of capicolla. Add a few slices of roasted red pepper and pepperoncini on top.
- Fold the chicken breasts tightly around the fillings and secure the openings with toothpicks. Season the outside lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the oil until shimmering, then add the chicken breasts. Cook until golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle the top of each chicken breast with mozzarella and place the whole pan in the oven. Bake about 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken reaches 165F on an instant read thermometer.
- Sprinkle chopped basil over before serving.