Grits are one of the recipes I have missed since being on keto. Coming in at 38 grams of carbs per cup, grits do not make the cut for keto. This is where these keto breakfast grits come in. Made with cauliflower rice, hemp hearts, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese, these will not only cure your craving for grits but you also won’t have to sacrifice all those carbs.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 5 m
- Total: 15 m
- Servings: 2
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 oz cheddar cheese
- Gather and prep all ingredients.
- Place 2 pans over medium heat on the stove. Place half of the butter in each pan.
- Add the cauliflower rice and hemp hearts to one pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. In the other pan, saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked but still firm. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt and pepper, heavy cream, and almond milk to the cauliflower rice. Stir well. Turn the stove down medium-low, simmering until the mixture is thick. Add a small amount more almond milk if needed to prevent burning.
- Turn the stove off and stir in half the shredded cheese.
- Top with the sautéed mushrooms and the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese.