It’s time to get comfy and cozy with a delicious bowl of cheese and broccoli soup! This keto recipe is pretty easy to prep and execute. It is a great meal to make quickly before relaxing by the fire during fall or wintertime, or as an appetizer before dinner.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 4servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the pot on the stove. In the pot, place the onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté on medium until the onions are clear.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over the butter and onions. Stir in the chicken broth.
- Put the broccoli in the pot. Ensure the vegetables are coated with broth mixture.
- Quickly stir in the cream. Stir frequently so the xanthan gum mixes in and thickens. Stir frequently to add soup to a boil.
- Slowly begin whisking the cheese into the pot.
- Spoon into bowls. Top with more broccoli and cheese!