Like latkes, but mory savory, more dense, and more complexly flavored (in a good way), these cauliflower fritters are just right as an appetizer, especially when topped with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip or your favorite keto-friendly sauce.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 7 m
- Cook: 8 m
- Total: 15 m
- Servings: 8
- 10 oz cauliflower rice 2 frozen bags, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 4 scallions thinly sliced, white/light part and green parts, divided
- 6 tbsp olive oil divided
- Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Layer it with paper towel.
- Place the riced cauliflower in a clean tea towel or cheesecloth, roll it up, and squeeze and twist to wring out excess moisture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir in the cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, eggs, the white and light scallions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) of the olive oil until shimmering hot. Working in batches, scoop a (¼ cup) pile of the cauliflower mixture into the hot pan. Flatten it with a spatula to form a 3-inch patty. Cook until the bottom is crispy and deep golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes, then carefully flip to cook the other side, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Transfer to the prepared rack and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower mixture, adding and heating more olive oil and adjusting the heat during cooking as needed.
- Top the fritters with scallion greens and serve.