Creating a soufflé was something that I thought would be impossible. I’ve watched enough Food Network to know that these things are temperamental and the downfall of many contestants. Is a soufflé something you can really make at home? Turns out it’s easier than you think! This keto cheese soufflé is puffy, soft, and delicious.
Recipe from ruled.me
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 3servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease the insides of the ramekins you’ll be using.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the almond meal and salt, until well combined. It should thicken a little, but not as much as a higher carb roux. Whisk in the almond milk and mustard, then continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened a bit more.
- Remove from the heat then mix in the cheddar cheese and ? of the Parmesan cheese. Whisk in the egg yolks, taking care not to curdle them.
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the egg and cheese mixture.
- Divide the souffle batter among the ramekins then top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the ramekins to the oven then bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffy and browned. Serve immediately.