Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole baked in a cast iron skillet. This simple and delicious keto dinner comes together in 25 minutes or less. Rich and hearty and only 6g total carbs.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 16 m
- Total: 21 m
- Servings: 6
- 1/4 cup butter divided
- 12 oz broccoli coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cups chicken cooked, chopped (about 1 1/4 lb)
- Set a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the butter. Once melted, add the broccoli and sauté until bright green and just tender, about 4 minutes. Remove the broccoli to a bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan and add the garlic, cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cream and bring to a simmer, then cook until reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and all of the Parmesan until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the broccoli and the chicken and top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat the broiler. Set the pan about 6 inches from the heat and broil until the cheese is beginning to brown, 2 to 5 minutes (depends on how intense your broiler is!).