This fabulous brunch dish or week’s worth of grab-and-go breakfast can be spiced up by subbing the Mexican-style chorizo for hot chorizo. Need more fat macros? Add a side of avocado!
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 40 m
- Total: 1 h
- Servings: 4
- 1 tbsp butter room-temperature, divided
- 8 oz chorizo sausage Mexican-style, casing removed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 oz diced green chiles canned, drained
- 1 plum tomato seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) degrees. Grease a 9-inch-square baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- In a medium skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon until the sausage is browned and crumbly, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sour cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the cheddar cheese, jack cheese, diced chiles, and tomato. Add the sausage, stir to combine, and pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake until set and cooked through and the top is slightly golden and puffy, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve.