You’ll use one skillet and minimal time to prepare this delicious low-carb chicken dinner, so the rewards far exceed the effort. Plus, you’ll learn some tricks, like quick-cooking chicken cutlets with seasonings to create a delicious base flavor for the asparagus. Bring it all together with a speedy reduced cream sauce, and dinner is done in under 30 minutes.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 oz chicken cutlets (4 pieces, thin)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb asparagus fresh, trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup walnuts (toasted) chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Season the chicken cutlets with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat then cook the cutlets, uncovered, until golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the cutlets and set aside.
- Reduce the skillet heat to medium. Add the butter, asparagus, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Stir in the shallot, cover the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus softens to tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the cream, raise the heat to medium-high, and let simmer and slightly reduce, stirring often, approximately 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Place the chicken over the asparagus in the skillet, then spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and parsley and serve.