A deliciously rich goat cheese tart with crisp bacon and fresh tomatoes, with a tender keto almond flour crust. This easy keto tart makes a great appetizer or main course.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 50 m
- Total: 1 h 10 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 pie crust almond flour
- 6 slices bacon chopped and cooked crisp
- 8 oz goat cheese room temperature
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp basil chopped, fresh
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325F and lightly grease a 10-inch ceramic tart pan.
- Prep the savory crust according to the directions and press into the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until just barely golden. Remove and let cool completely.
- Increase the oven heat to 350F. Sprinkle the tart crust with about half of the bacon.
- Place the goat cheese in a food processor and process until crumbly. Add the eggs, cream, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper and process until well combined and smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Pour the filling into the tart crust. Lay the tomato slices over filling, overlapping as necessary, and sprinkle with remaining crumbled bacon.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until the center is set and no longer jiggles when shaken. Let cool 10 to 20 minutes before serving.