Charred vegetables lend smoky, earthy contrast to cool, crunchy lettuce and creamy avocado-mayonnaise dressing in this luscious main course or side dish.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 8 m
- Cook: 12 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 2
- 1 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 3 radishes sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices (if grilling on a grill place in a vegetable basket or skewered onto skewers)
- 4 oz asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (good quality, such as primal kitchen avocado mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cupp cilantro or parsley (fresh, leaves)
- 1 romaine heart chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Preheat a grill or grill pan at medium-high heat. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, radishes, and asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the vegetables on the hot grill and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Turn the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes more. Continue cooking, turning every 3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender throughout; if they’re browning too quickly, move them to the edge of the grill or grill pan. Set aside the vegetables on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a food processor or blender, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise, vinegar, and cilantro. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve the salad, place the chopped lettuce in a serving bowl, add the remaining olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Chop the grilled vegetables into bite-size pieces (asparagus on the bias, zucchini into chunks, radishes diced) and add them to the bowl. Toss the salad, then divide it between 2 dinner plates. Sprinkle each with the sunflower seeds and serve with the dressing on the side.