Delicious keto zucchini boats stuffed with Italian sausage and two cheeses. Grilled to perfection, these Italian stuffed zucchini are an easy and healthy low carb dinner.
Recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 30 m
- Total: 40 m
- Servings: 4
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz mozzarella sliced or grated
- In a medium skillet, sauté the sausage until cooked through, breaking up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the tomato paste and enough water until the mixture is saucy.
- Stir in the grated parmesan and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Slice the zucchini half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and some of the flesh, leaving at least 1/2 inch all around. Brush the insides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the zucchini face down until becoming tender and grill marks appear on the flesh, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and stuff the zucchini with the sausage mixture.
- Set the stuffed zucchini back on the grill and top with the cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted and the stuffing is heated through, another 10 to 12 minutes.