This flavor-packed cauliflower side dish may just take center stage thanks to fragrant Indian spices, fresh herbs, zesty lemon, and crunchy toasted almonds. Be warned, it’s addictive!
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 35 m
- Total: 45 m
- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1 large cauliflower cored, trimmed, broken into 1-inch florets (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice reserved
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Scatter the almonds in a single layer in a pie tin or on a cookie sheet and toast, shaking pan a few times during cooking, until light golden-brown and fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Increase the oven to 425°F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil then sprinkle on the garam masala, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat, then scatter into a single layer.
- Roast, tossing a few times during cooking, until the cauliflower is fork tender and deep golden-brown around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then add the lemon zest and juice. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with the toasted almonds and cilantro and serve.
- Note: Fresh mint is a good alternative to cilantro, or use both! Just be sure to recalculate the macros when you make any changes.