Just a recipe I threw together while entertaining my 6-month-old on a soccer night for my older kiddos when we had limited time. This is an alternative to fast food on busy hectic nights. I prechopped my veggies during nap time, so all I had to do was add them to the Instant Pot®! Garnish with green onions, Cheddar cheese, and bacon.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 33 m
- Additional: 5 m
- Total: 58 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 32 fl oz chicken stock
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 sliced turkey bacon cooked, diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Turn on a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select the Saute function. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add cauliflower, green bell pepper, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Pour in chicken stock; close and lock the lid. Select Soup function; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Add Cheddar cheese, half-and-half, turkey bacon, Dijon mustard, and hot sauce. Reselect Saute function; cook until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes: If using bacon instead of cooked turkey bacon, saute with the onion in step 1.