This classic, ever-popular salad gets a vibrant, healthy makeover by subbing kale for romaine lettuce and adding fresh mint.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 6 m
- Total: 16 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 lemon 2 1/2 tbsp juice and 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- 3/4 cups olive oil extra-virgin, divided
- 8 oz kale leaves stems removed, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, fresh, sliced into thin ribbons
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lemon juice and zest, vinegar, anchovy paste, garlic powder, mustard, egg yolk, chili flakes, and three-quarters of the cheese. Process until combined, about 10 seconds.
- With the processor running, slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup of the olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary, until mixture is smooth and emulsified, 20 to 30 seconds. Transfer the dressing to a medium bowl.
- Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of the olive oil and 3 tablespoons warm water into the dressing. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Set aside.
- On the parchment-lined baking sheet, make 12 (1 Tablespoon-size) piles of the remaining Parmesan cheese, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake until the cheese crisps are nicely bubbly and the edges are golden but not browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Let them cool for 3 minutes, then slide them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, combine the kale and mint in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat and let sit for 3 minutes. Break the Parmesan crisps into smaller pieces, sprinkle them over the salad, and serve immediately.