Juicy, meaty, and exotically spiced, these plump little bites are guaranteed crowd-pleasers. They come together in a snap and cook up quickly, too.
Recipe from Keto Mojo
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 35 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed, divided
- 6 tbsp fresh herbs (parsley, mint, dill, cilantro or a mix of all) divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- lemon - juices from 1/2
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, cream, egg, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, shallot, 1/2 of the minced garlic, 3 tablespoons of the herbs, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. With clean hands, mix everything together until well combined, without overworking the mixture.
- Lightly grease your hands with olive oil, then form 24 (2 tablespoon-size) meatballs, re-oiling hands as needed (a total of 1 tablespoon olive oil for all the meatballs). Place the meatballs about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs until lightly browned, turning once halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, make the yogurt dipping sauce: in a small bowl, add the yogurt and lemon juice along with the remaining 1/2 of the minced garlic, the remaining 3 tablespoons of herbs, and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well to combine, then season moderately with salt. Place the sauce in a small serving bowl.
- Serve the meatballs, mounded on a platter with the yogurt sauce on the side.