Elegant yet super satisfying, this deliciously quick and easy preparation makes creamy mushroom keto pasta accessible any night of the week. FYI, if you can’t find zucchini noodles, you can use a vegetable peeler to make long zucchini shavings.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Servings: 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese finely grated
- 12 oz zucchini spirals/noodles, raw
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, toss to coat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are very tender and a bit golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the heavy cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream has thickened, about 5 minutes. If the sauce thickens too quickly, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter, egg yolks, and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Add the zucchini noodles, then toss for 2 to 3 minutes to coat and warm the zucchini. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese.