This baby spinach salad with a warm, tangy, sweet-’n’-smoky bacon dressing is a hearty classic salad that’s just as satisfying for lunch as it is a light, simple supper.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Total: 20 m
- Servings: 2
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar alternative
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup nuts keto-candied
- Line a small plate with a few layers of paper towels, set aside.
- Place the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks, start the dressing: in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sweetener, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked bacon to the paper towel–lined plate. Return the skillet to the burner over low heat. Add the shallots to the bacon fat in the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the vinegar mixture to the skillet with softened shallots and whisk to combine. Add the spinach to the skillet and toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Divide the salad between 2 plates or bowls; evenly divide the cooked bacon, blue cheese and candied nuts among them. Serve immediately.