Stuffed with a chili cheese mixture that is low-carb, but still irresitable. It’s a fun take on stuffed peppers, which typically include rice or another grain. Be sure to top them with lots of cheddar cheese!
Recipe from Delish
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 1 h
- Total: 1 h 15 m
- Servings: 8
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt kosher
- pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup beef broth low-sodium
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes canned, drained
- 4 bell peppers sliced in half
- 2 tbsp green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot over medium heat, add bacon and cook until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add onion to pot and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, 7 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until slightly thickened, 20 minutes.
- Place bell pepper halves in a large baking dish and fill with chili. Top with cheddar and bacon and bake until cheese is melty and peppers are softened, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.