Winter is here and I love making warm dishes! Chili is one of my favorite meals to enjoy when it is cold out, but I wanted to make it vegetarian/vegan friendly so almost anyone can enjoy it! (except individuals with nut allergy’s).
Recipe from ruled.me
- Total: 40 m
- Servings: 6servings
- 5 tbsp avocado oil
- 5 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms
- 2 oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cartoon coconut milk
- 20 oz vegan meat crumbles
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 medium avocado sliced
- 4 tbsp red radish sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
- In a pan, heat up the avocado oil and add the celery. Cook until softened up while stirring occasionally, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Stir this together until well combined.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook this for 4-6 minutes.
- Add the chipotle pepper, tomato paste, tomatoes, vegetable broth, coconut milk, vegan meat crumble, walnuts, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir until well combined. Let this cook for 20-25 minutes until the chili is thick and hot.
- Top the chili with fresh cilantro, avocado slices, and sliced radishes. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.