Spicy sausage and vodka give this creamy keto pasta sauce a deliciously spicy kick, and “zoodles” (zucchini noodles) make this “pasta” dish keto-friendly.
Recipe from Keto-Mojo
- Prep: 5 m
- Cook: 20 m
- Total: 25 m
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage casings removed and discarded
- 8 oz tomato sauce canned
- 1 cup diced tomatoes canned with juices
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 medium red pepper sliced into 1-inch long strips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 small zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Pinch off and drop bite-size pieces of sausage into the saucepan and sauté, stirring occasionally until the sausage is cooked through but not browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and tomatoes, stir, and heat through, about 3 minutes. Add the vodka and red pepper strips. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook until red pepper starts to soften and the sauce has reduced and thickened a bit, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer gently to heat through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Keep warm.
- Microwave the spiralized zucchini until warm but still al dente (slightly toothsome), 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the zucchini into 4 bowls, and spoon one fourth of the sauce on top of each, then garnish each with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Serve.