Risotto in a traditional form is a heavy carb meal. Like with other dishes, fresh cauliflower is always a good substitute for those heavy carb meals. The cauliflower is cooked with heavy cream, butter, and seasonings. Then parmesan cheese is melted into the dish. This is finally topped with walnuts, goat cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil!
Recipe from ruled.me
- Total: 30 m
- Servings: 4servings
- 24 oz cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or coconut cream
- 4 tbsp butter or olive/avocado/coconut oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 oz grated parmesan cheese or plant-based "cheese"
- 3 oz spinach
- 5 oz goat cheese or plant-based "cheese"
- 1 oz walnuts
- Measure out and prepare all ingredients.
- Rinse cauliflower and cut into smaller florets. Put this in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine texture, resembling rice.
- In a frying pan on low heat, add heavy cream, butter, lemon juice, and onion powder. Stir together.
- Add cauliflower to the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the cauliflower starts to get tender, stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Once the cheese is incorporated, stir in the spinach.
- Plate and serve with goat cheese and walnuts.